Upcoming Road Closures
For the running of Run Melbourne 2023 the use of public roads is required.
Changed traffic conditions will occur to ensure the safety of participants, supporters and volunteers.
Please read this IMPORTANT information outlining these changed traffic conditions and how residents are able to travel during the event.
When planning your travel arrangements please ensure you leave plenty of time as traffic delays may occur.
Please see downloadable PDF below for road closure timetable and maps.
FROM THE EAST (between 6.45 am – 12.00 pm)
Main Yarra Trail North of the River (At Morell Bridge) –
- Right to Gosch Paddock / Olympic Boulevard
- Left over Morell Bridge – via pathway
Main Yarra Trail South of the River (At Morell Bridge) –
- Loop up and head down Anderson Street, Leopold Street and cross run course at Toorak Road / Park Street crossing with pedestrians
- Continue along Trail to Boathouse Drive Boatsheds, up ramp and cross with TC / Security at Pedestrian Lights
- Loop up and round over Morell Bridge (then see above option 1)
FROM THE SOUTH (4.00 am – 8.15 am)
Via St Kilda Road up towards Southbank Boulevard. Follow Southbank Boulevard to the River and get off and cross runners’ route in gap at pedestrian crossing to continue on Queens Bridge Street heading north
FROM THE NORTH
Capital City Trail (at Docklands Drive) – (Between 7.00 am – 8.00 am)
Continue South by crossing at Dudley Street Intersection to head down south on Harbour Esplanade
The Run Melbourne countdown is on